Tribe SEO (formerly Zen Optimise) offers SEO training to help you simplify your marketing and grow your business online.
Join the mailing list
Stay up-to-date with SEO, Content and Digital Marketing news, tips and guides.
At Zen Optimise Ltd, (trading as Tribe SEO) we respect and protect the privacy of our customers and users who visit our websites.
Updated on May 22, 2018.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
When you enrol in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed; your exchanges with instructors, teaching assistants, and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.
Profile and Account Data
You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, headline, website link, social media profiles, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
In order to use certain features (like enrolling in a course), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, and date of birth, and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).
Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews on a course page, asking or answering questions, sending messages to students or instructors, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and postcode) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and postcode. For security, Zen Optimise does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
Communications and Support
When you leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact Forms and Marketing
Information submitted through the contact forms on our site are sent to our company email, hosted by Gmail. Google adheres to the EU “Privacy Shield” policy and you can find more information about this here. We also store this in ActiveCampaign which is our customer relationship management (CRM) system that helps us to manage customer data.
While we keep these submissions for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes unless you have explicitly consented to be added to our newsletter or other marketing activities.
In addition to Google Analytics, we are using the following statistics on our site for performance and monitoring:
- Affiliate performance statistics – statistics regarding our affiliates
- Installer statistics – statistics regarding the number of plugin installations of our products in clients, also includes the site info like PHP version, WordPress version used, etc.
- Support statistics – statistics regarding our supporters and clients about how many tickets created, resolved, pending, etc.
- ThriveCart data – statistics regarding our sales, conversion rates, refunds, etc.
Who We Share Your Data With
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like cloud-based services and payment processors. This is done as a way to provide you with a better overall service and user experience.
Here are the services we use to make our own service better for you:
- ActiveCampaign – we store our client contact details for newsletters, announcements, and details about our courses. They can opt-out of these at any time.
- Xero – we store purchase information so that it can be processed by our accounts team.
- PayPal – we use Paypal as one of our payment processors. During checkout, a client will provide login information and credit card info. This information is processed directly within this gateway payment and we do not save it on our sites.
- Stripe – we use Stripe as one of our payment processors. During checkout, a client will provide credit card info. These are all stored in the Stripe site.
Who Can See My Personal Information
If you have not a registered your details on our website or enrolled on a course, there is no personal information we have or can see about you.
If you are have registered your details and/or become a customer, your personal information can be accessed by:
- Our System Administrator(s)
- Our supporters when they need to (in order to provide support) get the information about the client accounts and access
How Long Do We Retain Your Data
When you make a contact us submission, comment on a blog post or sign up for our newsletter, its metadata is retained until (if) you tell us to remove it. We use this data so that we can recognise you and provide a good user experience.
If you register on our website, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username).
How We Protect Your Data and What Data Breach Procedures We Have in Place
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorisation.
- We use Cloudflare for our SSL/HTTPS protection, and in addition, Cloudflare Security Services protect and secure websites, applications and APIs against denial-of-service attacks, customer data compromise, and abusive bots. You can read more about the protection here.
In case of a data breach, System Administrators will promptly go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, have been a customer, a blog commenter or signed to our newsletter, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being our customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address).
To contact us about your personal data, please visit our contact us page, and submit a request under “other” when asked, “what do you need help with?”